Title: Eleven Minutes

Publisher: Harper Collins India

Pages: 273

Genre: Fiction- Adult

Site: http://www.paulocoelho.com

Paulo Coelho is a great writer. No wonder his books are translated into so many languages.

A Brazilian girl named Maria from a remote village  gets heartbroken in her teen years and later decides to move to Switzerland with the expectation that life would be on a silver platter. Unfortunately it is the opposite and she works in a night club as a dancer but realizes she is running out of money after she gets fired from the nightclub. She results to a one night stand for a thousand francs with an Arab man. After the quick earning she lands in a brothel and meets Nyah who advices her on the new profession based on her experience with Milan.

She becomes successful and famous that her colleagues begin to envy her. She gains the ability to make her clients feel at ease and solve their problems. She has succeeded in carrying out her job without her emotions been involved until she meets Ralf a Swiss painter who discovers her inner soul through 11 minutes of sacred intimacy. She fall in love with him and experiences true love. However she finds herself torn between sexual fantasies and her love for him. She finally decides to leave Geneva with the great memory of Ralf as their worlds are different and apart.

This book explores the various avenues to which sex can be perceived. From a moralistic and sacred point of view. It definitely keeps the reader glued and gives the reader a different perception of prostitution.

Memorable quote: “Everything tells me that I am about to make a wrong decision, but making mistakes is just part of life. What does the world want of me? Does it want me to take no risks, to go back to where I came from because I didn’t have the courage to say “yes” to life?”